- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti, halved (we buy DeLallo)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup (5 oz) thin salami slices, cut into small pieces (or pepperoni)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian salad dressing (we buy DeLallo brand)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, usually 1 minute less in time (el dente); drain. Add a drizzle of olive oil so pasta does not stick together. Refrigerate until cool.
- Place in a large bowl; add tomatoes, cucumber, salami, pepper, red onion, and olives.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Add the Parmesan cheese; gently stir together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; serve!
Kevin and I have met some fantastic families the past few years in our travels, in turn I have developed some great friendships with many of the wives. One thing I have found in common is our interest in cooking tasty meals for our family. With this in mind, I thought it would be neat to pass along and share openly all of the great family recipes were have all acquired.
I have learned through the years that good food and good cooking helps bring us together as a family. Each morning I cook a full-breakfast and we all gather to start our day. With a crazy sports and cheerleading schedule, dinner together can be a little more tricky. Preparing casseroles and dishes that can stay warm or easily heated is often my theme. Sundays are saved for a large meal that includes Kevin’s 95-year old Grandmother, Sister, brother-in-law, nephews and nieces.
Personally, I love to cook! From baking, desserts, to appetizer, to full blown meals… there is nothing I won’t attempt. Whatever your “Family Favorite” might be, I am excited to give it a try.
For ALL of those who share and participate, I will be saving and gathering each of the recipes. At the end of each year I will put them into a pdf. format and email the entire collection out. If there is anything you need in the meantime or a recipe you can’t find, feel free to email me directly at email@example.com
As always, Kevin and I thank you for your continued support.
From my family to yours… happy cooking!
Michelle Van Trump
3 Simple Steps for Submitting Your Favorite Recipes:
Step #1 – Put the recipe in a word document or email format and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step #2 – If at all possible include a picture of the finished dish.
Step #3 – Let me know if it is ok to include your name along with the recipe. Some folks like the anonymity while others don’t mind attaching their name. Either way works for us. you for your continued support.
It’s that simple. Once I get the recipe in my email I will respond with a thank-you and confirmation of receipt. In the weeks ahead look for it to appear in the report.